Subscriber files must be uploaded to the GTxcel Publisher Dashboard for each issue to be mailed to your readers. In the Publisher Dashboard select Upload and then the Mailing List category. Please also include any special mailing instructions.
- Text: tab-delimited (.txt/.tab) or Comma-separated (.csv) format (.txt tab-delimited files are preferred)
- The filename
- Excel files are not accepted
- Single header line with no special characters. The following labels cannot be used in the header row as they are reserved for use by our systems:
Email address is a required column. The associated label in the header row must be:
Additional recommended user data fields:
Please only include a minimum set of fields, as it makes the verification and loading process easier.
- Account number
- First name
- Last name
- Anything that will be needed for message customization, if applicable
- Anything else to be returned with the user entry in the bounce reports that GTxcel will provide after each mailing to help process the lists, if applicable
Once the subscriber file format (txt/csv) and sequence of headers are established during the first issue’s e-mail notification, it should remain the same for each subsequent list.
The file name may only include alphanumeric characters, dashes and underscores.
Subscriber files should be clearly labeled to include the following (naming convention):
- Magazine title or abbreviated title code
- Issue date, e.g. “201602” or “February12″ for September 2012
- List type, e.g. digital only subs, app access list, open access delivery and seed list. This is important to distinguish due to pricing.
- For any list that included back issue access, please add “includesBackIssue” in the file name.
- The appropriate file extension (csv, txt)