Select the ISSUE EDITOR button on the main Publisher Dashboard page to bring you into the editing mode of the issue. Navigate to the page you would like to add your link. Then:
1) Select the link creation tool:
2) Draw a box around the area of the page you would like linked. This could be text, a logo, an image, etc:
3) Use the box’s drag handles (on the corners) to resize as needed.
4) Select the box and move it to position as desired.
Tip: use 1-page mode to quickly maximize your page size, so you can see the details of what you are linking. The one page button is on the top navigation bar:
5) Edit the properties of the new link. You are required to specify a destination – a web URL, page in the issue or email address. You can also modify size, location, color and mouseover attributes if needed.
You also may want to test the link via the “Go to link” or “Validate” buttons, which will help catch typos! URL validation only can check that the URL you specified exists, not that it’s the one you intended, so you may also want to go to it to test what your readers will see.
Click ok after making changes.
Note: “Go to [Destination]” is the standard, default mouseover text which will use the specified destination in the final product. For this example, the resulting mouseover text will be: “Go to http://www.macys.com”