This document contains a detailed description of items needed to be supplied to GTxcel for your app to be built and submitted to Apple and Android. Please note that most of the work to build your app can be done at any time but GTxcel is unable to submit your app to the stores until a document is live within the collection.
Step 1 – Apple, Google Play & Amazon Developer Licenses
You will need to obtain a Developer’s License for Apple and Google Play. If you do not already have these Developer’s licenses please click on the links below for instructions on how to do so.
Step 2 – Selecting your Access Model
Click on each access option below for more detailed information on that access option.
Open Access – allows any reader who downloads the app to have full access to all documents.
- No additional requirements
Publisher Site Login Access – access granted to all documents for members who log in successfully.
- Publisher login url – Must be secure (https) & mobile optimized.
- Success URL (this page will not actually be displayed to the app reader, but will be used by the app to recognize that the publisher has verified this reader).
- Test account, including username and password. This is required to provide to Apple as part of the submission process in order for the app to be tested and approved.
In-App Purchase – access to subscriptions or individual documents must be purchased through the app. This access model generally coincides with the Subscriber Managed access model used on desktop and mobile webreader. Users given access via your subscriber list would also be able to access those documents within the app.
- Purchase price for digital only subscription (choose yearly, monthly or weekly).
- Purchase price for single document sales.
- Publisher subscribe URL.
- GTxcel’s instant delivery beacon coded into publisher’s mobile optimized subscribe page.
- Publisher hosted Update My Info URL (optional).
Step 3 – Required App Assets
Below is a list of all requires items you will need to provide GTxcel for your app. For more detailed information about the graphics needed, go to the Required App Graphics page.
- iPhone/Android icon
(120 x 120 png)
- iPad/Android Tablet icon
(152 x 152 png)
- Apple Store icon
(1024 x 1024 png)
- Google and Apple Store icon
(512 x 512 png)
- iPhone/Android launch image
(640 x 960 png)
- iPhone 5 launch image
(640 x1136 png)
- iPad/Android Tablet launch image
(1536 x 2048 png)
- iPhone X Launch Image
(1125w x 2436 png)
- iPhone 11 Launch Image
(1242 x 2688 png)
- Navigation bar logo
(320 x 48 transparent png)
- Display name
Up to 12 characters
- Store Name
- Start issue
Up to 1060 characters
- Apple Primary category
- Apple Secondary category
- Google Play Category
- Store Keywords
Up to 100 characters
- Apple iTunes Content Rating
- Google Play Content Rating