Procuring the Apple Developer License
You will need to procure your own Apple Developer License.
Go here to start the process and view annual fees: https://developer.apple.com/programs/ios/
There are several steps to the process of procuring your Apple Developer License. You must complete all of these steps. When you have successfully completed all of these steps, Apple will send you a Welcome message thanking you for joining the Apple Developer Program.
If you need any help completing these forms, GTxcel recommends consulting the help and FAQs provided on Apple’s site. However, below is some information GTxcel has put together to help answer some questions regarding this process.
Note that Apple may make changes at any time to this process which GTxcel may not be aware of. The information below is to provide publishers with our best understanding of the process at this time.
Application Process and Timeline
- Enroll in the iOS Developer Program and purchase the Apple Developer License. This can take from a couple of days to several weeks. You must also provide a D-U-N-S number with your application. If you do not have one, visit this website for more information.
- Provide GTxcel with access to your Apple Developer License
- Send GTxcel all graphics and submission information for your app (This can be completed while waiting for Apple to approve your license.)
- After providing GTxcel with access to either your license or appropriate files, and all graphics and submission information have been received, GTxcel will build your app. (Approximately 1 week.)
- Apple approves your app. (Currently averages about 2 weeks but can take much longer.)
Steps to enrolling in the iOS Developer Program
- Enroll in the iOS Developer Program as a Company/Organization. Under “Complete your professional profile” choose iOS as the Apple platform. Select your primary market and categories as applicable to your organization.
- Complete the Apple Review Process (includes forwarding all requested company documents to Apple as needed.)
- On the “Select Your Program Screen”, choose the iOS Developer Program. Agree to the Program License Agreement and purchase the license (view fees).
Once you have procured your Developer License, please advance to the next page (look below — right arrow).
*Important Note – Your Apple Developer Program must be renewed every year. Failure to renew the program could result in Apple removing your app from the iTunes store.