- Choose your domain name (MUST be completed prior to any other steps)
- Publication Name (as printed on cover)
- Publisher Name
- Primary Contact (name, email and phone)
- Target live date
- Frequency of issues (1x, 4x, 6x, etc.)
- Web Digital Edition Access Type
- Open Access
- Publisher Site Login Authentication Access
- Subscriber Management
- Digital Edition Logo
- Please provide transparent png. Max height 48px, no wider than 320px. Transparent backgrounds will appear as white.
- Homepage Link (logo will link to your homepage)
- Magazine Description (used as meta description for social sharing apps)
- This should be no longer than 800 characters, including spaces. Plain text only. Email addresses and links will appear but not be linked.
Here is a link to the PDF File Preparation Specifications
If your PDF contains any custom pre-linked items please let us know, so we can handle the file properly during processing and preserve your links. Please also be sure to inform us at the time of upload of any custom linking or special instructions. Please remember all urls, email addresses, and page references will be automatically linked through our system and do not need to be embedded as links in your PDF.
The Publisher Dashboard is a web-based tool that allows you to upload and manage your files, check the status of an issue, preview issues, and edit links and the table of contents, and upload and place media elements. Once we have purchased your domain we can set up a Publisher Dashboard account to give you access to upload your files.
The complete set of final PDF pages for a particular issue are uploaded via our Publisher Dashboard and the ‘Begin Conversion’ button signals the files are complete and digital production can begin. Once PDFs have been received, GTxcel will generate a Staging Proof of the issue within our standard turnaround of 1-3 business days (3-5 on new titles), and provide a link to the Staging Proof for the publisher to review.
The purpose of the Staging Proof is to allow the publisher to review the digital edition of each issue before it is released to the end users. Items reviewed should include all interface buttons, TOC entries, links, and article text if applicable. During the proofing stage, the publisher has the opportunity to add/edit/delete links, TOC entries, and article text as well as add multimedia via the Publisher Dashboard.
- Initial web digital issue: Staging link ready 3-5 business days after final PDF is uploaded
- Initial app digital issue: Submitted to Apple, Google Play and Amazon after the initial web digital edition is live and can take up to 2 weeks to be reviewed/approved by each app store.
- Subsequent issues (web and app): Staging link ready 1-3 business days after final PDF is uploaded
Once the publisher is comfortable with the status of the issue, the publisher can use the Publish tool in the Publisher Dashboard to schedule the issue to go live. Issues will go live in the order they are queued. *Note: If your publications is set up with Subscriber Managed access controls, you must coordinate going live with GTxcel so that all subscriber files are loaded and emailing information is ready for deployment.
All user interface features (Share, Print, Download PDF, Back issues tab, Website Indexing/Search Engine Spidering) will be ON unless otherwise requested. These can easily be changed throughout the process.
Once your digital issue is LIVE and GTxcel has access to your app developer sites (Apple, Google Play and Amazon) and all of the assets, we can then build and submit your app. The approval at Apple/Amazon/Google Play can take a few weeks.
You will use the Publisher Dashboard to upload the app assets. Click here for app requirements.