Subscriber Management Access authentication is the best choice for most publishers because it is simple for the reader to use and it provides full tracking and reporting. This approach limits access to the issue based upon a unique URL included in the subscriber’s e-mail notification sent by GTxcel.
After clicking on the URL, a cookie is written to the subscriber’s computer. This enables direct access to the digital edition without requiring a password or a screen name. You can also limit the number of views or the number of computers that can access each URL. This prevents public posting or URL forwarding.
GTxcel provides extensive e-mail services, which include HTML and text preparation, processing of fulfillment database lists, e-mail deployment, and tracking/reporting to meet ABC and BPA criteria.
Granting User Access to New Issues:
The publisher must provide GTxcel a list of subscribers for each new issue, as the instant delivery beacon will only have delivered the issue that was most recent at the time of the transaction. When a new issue goes live, subscribers from purchases made on the publisher’s website will not have access to the new issue until the subscriber file has been loaded into the GTxcel database for that issue.
- GTxcel will only email the new issue notification to subscribers provided for that issue. No other emails will be included in the mailing.
- GTxcel will not automatically mail a new issue notification for users collected via In-App purchase who have given us their email address. If the publishers want these emails to be mailed to, the publisher must include those emails in their subscriber lists.
- Subscribers loaded into the GTxcel database will have access to the new issue(s) on all available platforms.
Subscriber files should be provided as follows:
- Please read the Subscriber/Mailing Lists page for subscriber file specifications.
- Subscribers that have access to their digital edition with the GTxcel web reader version will also have access to the digital issue in the app. There is no need to supply a subscriber file for each platform.
- The file name must identify the file as being for digital subscribers. Example: digital_title201011.txt
Print Only Subscribers
- Publishers can allow print only subscribers to have access to their issues in an app by providing a subscriber file.
- The file name must identify the file as being for print subscribers and include the issue the file is intended for. Example: print_title201011.txt
- Print only subscribers who are loaded into the GTxcel system will also have access to the web reader digital issue and all other applicable GTxcel platforms.
- GTxcel will provide a report that identifies the print email addresses that have accessed the app. GTxcel is developing this report and details will be provided soon.
- Fees are associated with print subscribers accessing the app. Please refer to your contract.
- GTxcel can send an email notification to the print subscribers in the same manner that digital only subscribers are mailed to. Fees do apply for this mailing in addition to the access fee. Please refer to your contract.